Sunday, March 6, 2016

Je t'aime, Paris!

Amazing photos from Lindsey Kent of Pictours Paris

After going to the Super Bowl (2011) and The Masters (2014), what sports-related trip could possibly top those two? Probably going to see the Dallas Cowboys win in London!

I had never been to Europe before, but the man had, and he made sure it would be a trip I would never forget (no, he didn't propose). 


Jerry Jones, Garett, me and Roger Goodell
(with special guest star Jason Witten in the background).
We stopped in London first for the Dallas Cowboys-Jacksonville Jaguars game at Wembley Stadium, where we got a photo with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and Cowboys' owner Jerry Jones. It was totally unplanned and we had no idea we'd have field access, but my friend Tom, who's with the NFL, orchestrated the whole thing. He even took this photo. And to top it all off, he later got both Mr. Jones and Mr. Goodell to autograph the photos for Garett and me. What an amazing memory! 



After London, it was on the train to Paris...the City of Lights. A few things struck me about Paris...it is HUGE and the Eiffel Tower IS all that and more. I wanted to go up to the Tower multiple times (daytime and nighttime), so it's a good thing I could make reservations before our trip online - that saved a lot time.

The highlight of Paris had to have been our photo session at the Eiffel Tower with Lindsey Kent of Pictours Paris. Never in my wildest dreams did I think G would go for it, but he was a good sport and went along and even brought a nice white shirt for the photo session. It was a lot of fun and the only regret I have about it is that I didn't spring for multiple locations. It's not cheap, but it was certainly worth every penny.

On our way back to Hawaii, we stopped in San Jose to see my sister and her family and attend the UH-San Jose State game, which turned out to be the only road win for the Rainbows in the 2014 season. What a perfect trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment